To help you understand and use Peony card, we specially introduce you about Peony card services improvement measures proposed by ICBC since May 2002.
1. Contents of Service Measures In Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjin, Chongqing, Shenzhen, Xiamen, Qingdao, Dalian, Ningbo, Harbin, Shenyang, Wuhan, Changsha, Chengdu, Xi'an, Ji'nan, Kunming, Haikou and other cities, and in the whole provinces of Jiangsu, Guangdong and Zhejiang, ICBC launched the following service measures:
Stop-payment on loss report, prompt validation on formal loss report. After getting his Peony card lost, the cardholder can dial our 24-hour service hotline 95588. ICBC will immediately stop payment and assist to prevent any relevant fraud trading. In the meantime, the cardholder or his agent should go to the card-issuing office or ICBC business office within seven days, fill in the Loss Report Application Form, and conduct the formal loss report, which will take effect immediately, and the cardholder will not assume any economic loss incurred by any transaction after the formal loss report. Special prompts: the cardholder can also go to any local ICBC business office and conduct fax loss report in good time if getting his card lost in other cities.
Free from checking identification certificate and entering password for general consumption. The cardholder generally does not need to present his identification certificate or input password when using Peony card to consume at appointed units At the same time, in order to ensure the safety of the cardholders' funds, it is necessary for the cardholder to input password or present his identification certificate when using Peony card for large sum consumption, ATM usage, or cash withdrawal on business office's counter.
2. Please take your ease to use your Peony cards After ICBC launched the service improvement measures above, some cardholders may think that "Peony cards have no password" or "password are useless". As a matter of fact, the exact meaning of our services measures above is to free the users from inputting password and checking identification certificates when using their cards for general consumption within a limit on the precondition of stop-payment on formal loss report, that is to say, password-free Peony card is only applicable to brushing cards for general consumption within a limit. If the users withdraw cash on ATMs or at any ICBC business office but not by brushing cards, they still need to input password or present their identification certificates; even if by brushing cards, they still need to input password for large sum transactions. Even if not being large sum transactions, when cashable goods are purchased, ICBC also has a special authorization system to ensure the safety of the fund in your account.
In order to ensure the safety of the fund in your Peony card account, we specially launched such a binding service as prompt validation on formal loss report correspondingly. If your Peony card loses by accident, you or your agent can come to ICBC and conduct formal loss report, which will take effect immediately. You do not need to assume any economic loss incurred by any transactions after the formal loss report. Certainly, you can also conduct loss report through telephone, and ICBC will be responsible for assisting prevention. In addition, our amended ICBC Peony International Credit Card Regulation will take effect on December 8, 2003, in which it is provided that Peony International Card holder should go to the nearest ICBC business office and conduct written loss report or telephone loss report immediately after getting his international card lost. The cardholder will assume no responsibility for any transaction after the completion of loss report procedure. It is provided in the amended regulation that any loss reporting of Peony International Card will take effect immediately, which can more effectively guarantee your personal interests.
Please be adverted that our service improvement measures above is only applicable to Peony International Credit Card, Peony Credit Card, and Debit and Credit Combo Card, excluding Peony Money Link Card and other kinds of debit cards.
3. Why are the service measures stated above launched? In order to help you make better use of credit card, enjoy the conveniences brought you by cash-free consumption and improve payment settlement level, we specially launch the service improvement measures stated above according to international practices and industrial norms.
It is indicated by the universal practices that it is easy to lose secrets and thus build up larger fraud trading risks if password are widely used at the consumption places.
Do you ever have the trouble of forgetting password, feel depressed for having too many passwords in your life, or worry about the discrepancy between the local and the foreign consumption rules? Owning a Peony card will change your life.
Holding a Peony card is a symbol of your status. When brushing your card in the normal way, you can brush cards stylishly, make payment promptly, and take easy to consume.
Notes: at present, Bank of China, Merchandise Bank, ICBC and all foreign credit cards all implement password-free brushing card consumption.
4. The fund safeguard mechanism of the Peony card account is safe Promote the prompt validation on formal loss report. When your Peony card loses by accident, you should conduct loss report immediately so as to ensure the safety of the fund in your credit card account.
Strengthen the client identity certification exercise training. In order to help the clients conduct loss report immediately after getting their credit cards lost, ICBC uses foreign experience for reference, specially strengthens the client identity certification exercise training for the loss report and stop-payment application submitted when the cardholder cannot provide card number or identification certificate number, and ensure the safety of the cardholder's fund in the credit card account to the utmost.
Provide the merchants with strict training on accepting credit cards. The merchants' acceptance of credit cards is an important part of your card use. ICBC specially strengthens the training on the merchants' operation of accepting credit cards, and emphasizes that the merchants should check signatures when accepting credit cards.
Introduce the card-issuing system same with that of advanced card-issuing institutions in the world, and realize parameter control on various transactions. Once finding any abnormal consumptions, as a general, the card-issuing office will contact the real cardholder and check recent transactions so as to ascertain the validity of this card's use.
5. Precautions which need your attention When picking up your Peony card, you should still set a password for large sum cash withdrawal on the counter or ATM. Please sign your name personally at the signature bar on the back of the card after picking it up. In order to avoid being rejected when using the card, you should keep this signature as consistent with your normal signature as possible.
You should keep well your password. Any transaction conducted with password is deemed as an act of your own. Cash withdraw on ATMs or bank counters normally require inputting password.
When taking your ease to brush your Peony card for consumption, you should be adverted to sign on the receipt of consumption for confirmation, and check the bank statements after receiving them. If there is any doubt, ICBC will be responsible for document inquiry or refuse payment so as to safeguard your interest to the utmost.
When brushing your Peony card for consumption at appointed units within the limit, you generally do not need to present your identification certificate and password. If the accepting unit demands you to input your password, you can input the six-digit password; if the accepting site demands you to present your identification certificate, it is to ascertain your identity, please try to cooperate.
Please make sure to keep well your Peony card. If getting it lost by accident, please call to report its loss immediately and go to the nearest ICBC business office within seven days to conduct written loss report. Our 24-hour loss report service line: 95588.
Note: Information provided on this page is for your reference only. The specific details should be subject to the business operation process as well as the announcements and stipulations at your local bank outlet.ICBC reserves the right of final interpretation.